Don't have an Amazon brand store yet? Now is the perfect time to start making yours.
July 19, 2022
Many features are available to Amazon sellers who enroll in Amazon’s Brand Registry Program. One of these features is the Amazon Brand Store (also known as Amazon Storefront or Amazon Store). These custom-designed stores impress customers and direct them to relevant items. In this article, we’ll unpack the essentials of Amazon Brand Stores.
Ultimate Guide to Create a Branded Amazon Store
An Amazon store is a website on Amazon's marketplace where brands showcase their brand identity and products. Sellers have the creative freedom to align these Amazon stores with their identity and organize them according to their unique business needs.
Amazon has come a long way. Before brand stores existed, customers could search the Amazon marketplace for items, but connecting with brands on a deeper level was more difficult.
And for brands, it was difficult to distinguish your products from other sellers on Amazon. Brand stores change that by giving customers a branded experience with the bonus of product curation.
Customers can learn more about the brand story, view products organized by category, read reviews, see related items, and contact customer support - all on one page. If you are a serious FBA seller who is not yet using the brand store feature, now is the time.
Benefits of Using an Amazon Store
There are many benefits to using an Amazon store for your brand.
- No competition. When customers are in your store, they will only see your brand and your products. Competitor ads and products are not visible here.
- Multi-page navigation. Customers can explore your brand in depth by clicking through different pages within your store. You can design these Amazon brand store pages and subcategories to your liking to guide your customers.
- Store insights. You can use the store insights dashboard to check where your traffic is coming from and how well your store performs.
- Great for external traffic and ads. You can use Sponsored Brands or Sponsored Display Ads to send traffic to your storefront. This ensures your ads perform at max capacity, showcasing your entire product line rather than one item. You can send customers to your branded store when running ads on different platforms.
- Build brand recognition. Branding is essential to connecting with customers long-term. Since you get to design your store, this is the best place on Amazon to build your brand.
- Free marketing. Customers will see a link under your product title directing them to your own brand store. This free marketing guides visitors from your product detail page to your brand page (where there isn't any competition).
- Curated to your liking. You can choose which products, images, and categories are on your storefront home page. You can change things around seasonally and adjust your navigation bar according to your latest insights & data.
Who Can Create An Amazon Brand Store?
Great news! Any vendor, seller, or agency enrolled in Amazon Brand Registry can create an Amazon Brand Store.
Even better news - creating an Amazon storefront is free! That means all the above benefits are accessible to you at no cost.-
How Do I Create An Amazon Brand Store?
Creating a storefront with Amazon is simple - but it does require some heavy lifting upfront.
First, you'll visit the Seller Central account and click the stores tab.
From there, Amazon will guide you through the process.
You can choose your brand display name and logo at the beginning. Ensure your brand logo is high quality, and the brand name is free from extras like LLC.
Your home page will come first, and you'll make additional pages from there. Then you’ll choose a template for each page that you want to make. Templates are the best way to go. They have everything organized intuitively - all you have to do is insert your images, videos, and descriptions.
Here are a few things to remember as you design your storefront.
You should optimize this page for search engine ranking and conversion rate optimization (CRO). Brands should consider their target audience when designing their store and ensure the overall design reflects the style of their brand.
Additionally, you should take the time to create at least three pages. Amazon boasts that stores with over three pages have an 83% higher dwell time and 32% more sales for visitors. You can look at amazon brand store examples on the web when creating your own brand store.
The homepage is the most important page on your store. You'll want to make a great first impression, so take some time perfecting this one.
You should feature your best-selling products here and adjust these seasonally to account for trends and seasonal sales.
Video is essential. You should have a short video (under 2 minutes) that introduces your brand and showcases your products on the home page.
Photos are also important. You'll want high-quality, professional images of your products and lifestyle shots.
Ensure that the design draws in new customers and attaches them to your brand's story, identity, and best products.
Of course, ensure that any copy is optimized to account for keywords. These pages are indexed, so treat them accordingly.
Continually update your homepage to use new brand features! Some of the most exciting recent features include shoppable collection images with links to your product detail pages directly on the image, images with text (great for SEO!), store scheduling (perfect for seasonal updates), store videos, and quality insights. Amazon constantly adds new features, so stay tuned and use them as they come!
The Navigation Panel & Additional Pages
The navigation panel is the second most important page on your online store. This is where you'll organize all the products and collections for your customers.
Every brand is different. You can change your subcategories to highlight new products, seasonal offerings, discounts, or product categories. You may want to use the extra pages to provide an in-depth assessment of your products or give the brand backstory to get customers connected to who you are.
You can see examples of navigation panels and the kind of subcategory pages that can be successful on the storefronts below. Notice how these differ for each brand - so customize yours according to your needs.
Should I Use An Amazon Store?
The answer to this question is a resounding yes! An Amazon Store can be a powerful asset for your brand. It's free, easy to set up, and has a suite of benefits and features. This is a no-brainer if you are enrolled in Amazon's Brand Registry program. If you need help, we can assist you in designing your storefront assets.
Julia Grant is a copywriter specializing in e-commerce and small business, helping businesses expand their reach with copy that clearly communicates their message and converts. She is a certified translator and interpreter and prides herself on providing culturally relevant content in both English and Spanish.See more posts from this author